It is expected that members of Legacy Grandparents follow these rules when participating in the community.
- No promotions or spam
Give more than you take in this group. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren't allowed.
- Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- Respect everyone's privacy
Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What's shared in the group should stay in the group.
End User Licence Agreement
1. Application or “App” refers to the Mobile Application which was developed by Help My Neighbour Society which is available for either Apple or Android devices to access their services on the Website.
2. Website refers to the software running which provides the primary source of content to users.
3. Help My Neighbour Society herein referred to as “HMN” is the Company which operates and provides access to those services.
1. Under this End User Licence Agreement (the “Agreement”). Help My Neighbour Society (the “Vendor”) grants to the user (the “Licensee”) a non-exclusive and non-transferable licence (the “Licence”) to use Legacy Grandparents (the “Software”).
2. “Software” includes the executable Application Programs and any related printed, electronic and any Websites that accompany the project, along with any online documentation and any other files that may accompany the product.
3. Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distributions rights of the Software remain exclusively with the Vendor. Intellectual property rights include the look and feel of the Software. This Agreement constitutes a licence for use only and is not in any way a transfer of ownership rights to the Software.
4. The rights and obligations of this Agreement are personal rights granted to the Licensee only. The Licensee may not transfer or assign any of the rights or obligations granted under this Agreement to any other person or legal entity. The Licensee may not make available the Software for use by one or more third parties.
5. The Software may not be modified, reverse-engineered, or de-compiled in any manner through current or future available technologies.
6. Failure to comply with any of the terms under the Licence section will be considered a material breach of this Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
1. The Software is provided by the Vendor and accepted by the Licensee “as is”. Liability of the Vendor will be limited to a maximum of the original purchase price of the Software.
2. The Vendor will not be liable for any general, special, incidental or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss of production, loss of revenue, loss of data, or any other business or economic disadvantage suffered by the Licensee arising out of the use or failure to use the Software.
3. The Vendor makes no warranty expressed or implied regarding the fitness of the Software for a particular purpose or that the Software will be suitable or appropriate for the specific requirements of the Licensee.
4. The Vendor does not warrant that use of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free.
5. The Licensee accepts that software in general is prone to bugs and flaws within an acceptable level as determined in the industry.
Warrants and Representations
1. The Vendor warrants and represents that it is the copyright holder of the Software.
2. The Vendor warrants and represents that granting the licence to use this Software is not in violation of any other agreement, copyright or applicable statute.
1. All terms. Conditions and obligations of this Agreement will be deemed to be accepted by the Licensee (“Acceptance”) on registration of the Software with the Vendor.
1. The term of this Agreement will begin on Acceptance and is perpetual.
1. This Agreement will be terminated, and the Licence forfeited where the Licensee has failed to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or is in breach of this Agreement. On termination of this Agreement for any reason, the Licensee will promptly destroy the Software or return the Software to the Vendor.
1. The Vendor will be free of liability to the Licensee where the Vendor is prevented from executing its obligations under this Agreement in whole or in part due to Force Majeure, such as earthquake, typhoon, flood, fire, and war or any other unforeseen and uncontrollable event where the Vendor has taken all appropriate action to mitigate such an event.
1. The Parties to the Agreement submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia for the enforcement of this Agreement or any arbitration award or decision arising from this Agreement. This Agreement will be enforced or construed according to the laws of the Province of British Columbia.
1. This Agreement can only be modified in writing if signed by both the Vendor and the Licensee.
2. This Agreement does not create or imply any relationship in agency or partnership between the Vendor and the Licensee.
3. Headings are inserted for the convenience of the parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine gender include the feminine gender and vice versa. Words in the neuter gender include the masculine gender and the feminine gender and vice versa.
4. If any term, covenant, condition or provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, it is the parties’ intent that such provision be reduced in scope by the court only to the extent deemed necessary by that court to render the provision reasonable and enforceable and the remainder of the provisions of these agreements will in no way be affected, impaired or invalidated as a result.
5. The Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties. All understanding has been included in this Agreement. Representations which may have been made by any party to this Agreement may in some way be inconsistent with this final written Agreement. All such statements are declared to be of no value in this Agreement. Only the written terms of this Agreement will bind the parties.
6. This Agreement and the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement apply to and are binding upon the Vendor’s successors and assigns.
1. The Vendor reserves the right to delete any user data or remove, ban, or suspend user accounts attached to the App or Website for the following reasons:
a. Self-promotion or spam,
b. Objectionable behaviour toward either other users of the Website (or the App) and/or moderators of the Website (or the App),
c. as well as any other behaviour that the moderators of the site (or the App) find to be objectionable to other users of the website (or the App),
d. Terroristic threats, threats of physical violence, bullying, racism, sexism, ageism, cyber harassment or similar behaviour will not be tolerated,
e. All reports will be processed within 24 hours by moderators and any content which is found to be objectionable will be removed and appropriate actions will be taken and, if necessary, the notification of the appropriate Law Enforcement Agencies.
1. All notices to the Vendor under this Agreement are to be provided at the following address:
Help My Neighbour Society
102 - 15910 Fraser Hwy
Canada V4N 0X9